Operating principle and employees in Germany and Ecuador
This is how your donation and our joint assistance will reach its goal:
• The closest member of the AMAZONICA Foundation is the non-profit association INDIO-HILFE e.V. with the experience and success, that Mascha Kauka and her team have display over a period of 30 years. Together with family and friends, the non-profit INDIO-Hilfe organization was founded in 1982. She started working with the Chachi peoples (7000 forest natives) in the rainforest of Ecuador’s Pacific coast.
• INDIO-HILFE is AMAZONICA’s forerunner and primary partner. INDIO-HILFE is the on-site professional within the great AMAZONICA family. The organization supports the marketing program activities for the indigenous population in the forest communities.The INDIO-HILFE e. V. is a private, non-profit association that is religiously, politically and economically independent. The organization has a partnership agreement with the government of Ecuador. All board members of the association and the Foundation are volunteers.
• AMAZONICA and INDIO-HILFE maintain an office in Munich. Only the secretariat and accounting are paid for their services.
• The administrative costs lie between 10% and 20% of the project budget depending on the type of project during the respective years.
• These declared administrative costs that are incurred within Germany can be covered up to 70% (on average) by the INDIO-HILFE membership fees. For the most part, the incoming donations flow directly into the project work in Ecuador. We’re proud of that!
• We maintain an office in Puyo, the capital of the province of Pastaza, to help support the projects in the territories of the native peoples.
• With the exception of an accountant, all employees are natives that support the AMAZONICA project with us together.
• The local project managers and consultants in the forest communities are all trained tribal members.
• AMAZONICA and INDIO-HILFE are therefore the only international aid organizations that employ qualified members from the project target groups in positions of responsibility.
• We can be proud of these results as well, brought on by many years of work.
The important members of AMAZONICA
First Board Member, AMAZONICA Foundation
Founder of AMAZONICA and INDIO-HILFE,
Board Member AMAZONICA Foundation,
First Chairperson INDIO-HILFE e.V.
Managing Director AMAZONICA Akademie
Achuar, model community Sharamentsa
Location of the academy
Shuar, model community Yuwints
Location of the academy